| new skills - Team Nuggets
New Training: Manage Resources with AWS CloudFormation
In this 9-video skill, CBT Nuggets trainer Bart Castle covers Infrastructure as code (IaC) and automation and teaches you how to use AWS CloudFormation stacks and templates. Gain an understanding of Change sets, intrinsic functions, tables mappings, FindInMap, and more. Watch this new AWS training.
Learn AWS with one of these courses:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate
This training includes:
- 9 videos
- 1.2 hours of training
You’ll learn these topics in this skill:
- Managing Resources with CloudFormation
- How Does Infrastructure as Code Help?
- CloudFormation Template Anatomy
- Creating a Basic S3 Bucket Resource
- Making Updates and Detecting Change Drift
- Using Parameters to Provide Input
- Looking Up Values in a Mappings Table
- Controlling Resource-Creation Ordering
- Creating Template Outputs
What is AWS CloudFormation?
AWS CloudFormation is an AWS Cloud-native service that allows developers to create, manage and monitor AWS-specific and third-party resources that influence the lifecycle of AWS cloud-native services. For example, with AWS CloudFormation, developers can easily update EC2 compute resources or influence the resource allocation and resource lifecycle pertaining to S3 storage in an intuitive, easy-to-process format.
The importance of leveraging a service like AWS CloudFormation comes from the importance of cloud-native resource allocation and even third-party resource allocation and management. AWS CloudFormation provides a convenient, intuitive provisioning mechanism for not only AWS cloud-native services but third-party services as well. With the use of AWS CloudFormation, developers benefit by spending less time on managing specific AWS cloud-native resources and third-party resources, and allows them to focus on more critical aspects of their AWS environment related to business-critical processes.