New Training: OSI Layers, Ports, and Protocols
In this 10-video, entry-level training, CBT Nuggets trainer Keith Barker covers the knowledge that network administrators need regarding the OSI model and layers, recognizing Well-Known Ports, and understanding different network and device protocols.
Watch this OSI Model training.
There aren’t many topics that are more fundamental to a good career in networking than layers, ports and protocols, so set yourself up for success by ensuring you have a strong understanding of these concepts with this training.
The course covers topics such as understanding abstraction and the OSI model, the seven layers of the OSI model, and the interaction of ports with Layer 3 and 4 as well as:.
- OSI Layers, Ports & Protocols: How Ports Are Used in TCP/IP
- OSI Layers, Ports & Protocols: Core TCP/IP Protocols
- OSI Layers, Ports & Protocols: Common Protocols and Their Well-known Ports
- OSI Layers, Ports & Protocols: Wireshark Verification of a TCP 3-Way Handshake
- OSI Layers, Ports & Protocols: Verifying L4 Ports with Wireshark
This training includes:
- 1 hour of training
- 10 videos
Watch a video from the series:
Here's some more network basics-related content from the CBT Nuggets blog:
- Networking Basics: What is the OSI Model?
- L1, L2 vs L3: What's the Difference?
- How to Read an OSI Model Chart
Start learning network basics today!