| training | new training - Team Nuggets
New Course: CompTIA Server+ (SK0-005)
In this 190-video, entry-level training, CBT Nuggets trainer Knox Hutchinson covers the knowledge systems administrators need to perform all server installation, management and troubleshooting tasks in a data center, with on-premises servers, or in hybrid environments.
There’s a lot that could be said about all the technical knowledge that’s on the Server+, or a lot of praise that could be given to the systems administrators and data center techs who earn the Server+. But the real star of the show where CompTIA certifications are concerned is that they’re vendor agnostic.
A CompTIA certification like Server+ is especially valuable because the knowledge isn’t tied to any one hardware manufacturer or software developer. By earning the CompTIA, you’re proving that you’re broadly competent with server installation, maintenance and management. That means you’re free to apply to many different kinds of jobs and in different work environments.
The 25-part series covers topics such as installing, managing and troubleshooting servers, providing server support in data centers, and on-premise or hybrid environments, and configuring operating systems, access control and virtualization.
Watch a video from the series:
The skills that comprise this series include:
- Understand the Point of Servers
- Identify and Maintain Server Hardware Racking and Cabling Solutions
- Identify, Install, and Maintain Internal Server Hardware Components
- Evaluate and Deploy Server Storage Including RAID Configurations
- Understand the Concepts of Securing Data on Servers
- Understand Physical Server Security Measures
- Understand Identity and Access Management
- Explain the Importance of Backups, Restores, and Disaster Recovery
- Understand Techniques for Decommissioning a Server
- Secure the Data Center Network
Topics this training covers include:
- Backup and Data Security
- Control Access to Data
- Local Storage
- HyperConverged Infrastructure (HCI)
- Controlling Access to the Property
This training includes:
- 24 hour of training
- 190 videos