New Course: CompTIA PenTest+ (PT0-001)
In this 191-video, entry-level training, CBT Nuggets trainers Shawn Powers, Bob Salmans, and Ben Finkel cover the knowledge penetration testers need to plan and execute a penetration test, and you will also be able to exploit any vulnerabilities found during this test. You will also be able to recommend strategies to mitigate these vulnerabilities.
Watch this new PenTest+ training.
CompTIA PenTest+ certification demonstrates to employers that a penetration tester has the skills, knowledge and the ability to perform tests on a variety of devices and systems as well as the ability to not only exploit weaknesses but also to plan, scope and manage them. Organizations know that those who hold this certificate have the most up-to-date skills in penetration testing and vulnerability assessment as well as the skills required to determine the resiliency of systems against attacks.
The 29-part series covers topics such as plan a comprehensive compliance-based vulnerability assessment, gather information to prepare for exploitation then perform a vulnerability scan and analyze results, and exploit network, wireless, application, and RF-based vulnerabilities, summarize physical security attacks, and perform post-exploitation techniques.
Watch a video from the series:
The skills that comprise this series include:
- Understanding the Need for Scope Planning
- Explaining Key Legal Concepts
- Properly Scoping an Engagement
- Explain Compliance-Based Assessments
- Conduct Information Gathering Using Appropriate Techniques
- Perform a Vulnerability Scan
- Analyze Vulnerability Scan Results
- Leverage Information for Exploitation
- Explain Weaknesses Inherent to Specialized Systems
- Pentesting Reconnaissance
Topics this training covers include:
- OWASP Top 10 (4 thru 6)
- SQL Injection Attacks
- Identifying Host Attributes with NMAP
- Section Review
- Defining Resources, Requirements, and Budgets
This training includes:
- 21 hour of training
- 191 videos