| training | new training - Team Nuggets
New Training: Managing and Monitoring Instances in Microsoft SQL Server 2016
In this 33-video, intermediate training, CBT Nuggets trainer Garth Schulte covers the knowledge systems administrators need to navigate, manage, and configure different instances in Microsoft SQL Server 2016, allowing you to run multiple databases on the same server with different policies.
In Microsoft SQL Server 2016, a server is nothing more than the machine – virtual or physical – hosting the software that SQL Server runs on. An instance is the collection of databases that are being run to provide an individual service. It’s possible to view separate instances, manage them separately and apply policies for all instances running on a server. This Managing and Monitoring Instance in Microsoft SQL Server 2016 training is the key to doing so — after it, a database administrator will know the commands and functionality for viewing and managing the different instances running on a server.
The five-part series covers topics such as overseeing and managing your SQL Server instances, running and differentiating multiple SQL Server instances on the same server, and starting, stopping and viewing instances through console.
Watch a video from the series:
The skills that comprise this series include:
- Monitor Database Activity in Microsoft SQL Server 2016
- Monitor Queries in Microsoft SQL Server 2016
- Manage Indexes in Microsoft SQL Server 2016
- Manage Statistics in Microsoft SQL Server 2016
- Monitor SQL Server 2016 Instances
Topics this training covers include:
- Manage Indexes: Manage Existing Columnstore Indexes
- Monitor Queries: Identify Problematic Execution Plans
- Monitor SQL Server Instances: Identify the Cause of Performance Degredation
- Monitor Queries: Troubleshoot Server Health using Extended Events
- Manage Indexes: Lab
This training includes:
- 2 hour of training
- 33 videos