New Training: Understand Core Azure SQL Offerings
In this 10-video skill, CBT Nuggets trainer Knox Hutchinson explores the core offerings and concepts that make up the Azure Data platform. Watch this new Azure training.
Learn Azure with one of these courses:
This training includes:
- 10 videos
- 1.3 hours of training
You’ll learn these topics in this skill:
- Introducing SQL in Azure
- Understanding Database Throughput Units (DTUs)
- Deploying a Free Azure SQL Server and Database
- Integrating Azure SQL Database with Azure Active Directory
- Implement Azure SQL Managed Instances
- Azure Data Studio
- Migrating Your On-Premises SQL Database to Azure
- Monitoring and Performance Tuning
- Deploying SQL on Azure Virtual Machines
- Introducing Azure SQL Data Warehouse
What is Azure Data Studio?
Azure Data Studio is a free cross-platform tool that you can use to manage your SQL databases, whether they are located in Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Data Warehouse or SQL Server. Formerly known as SQL Operations Studio, it is available for Windows, Linux and MacOS and uses a GUI that lets you point-and-click through your data. You can use it to do the following:
- Create and manage databases
- Browse database objects
- Run SQL queries
- Export data as JSON, XML, Excel or text
- Directly edit data
- Manage database connections
- Backup and restore your databases
Azure Data Studio also includes an integrated terminal, in which you can run standard command-line tools such as PowerShell and bash, and it integrates with both git and TFS.
You can view Azure Data Studio as an alternative to SQL Server Management Studio. Unlike the latter, it runs on more than just Windows and is far more lightweight.