New Training: Instrument Solutions in Microsoft Azure to Support Monitoring and Logging
In this 8-video skill, CBT Nuggets trainer Trevor Sullivan covers Azure Monitor and Application Insights.Learn how to gather metrics and query application logs. Watch this new Azure training.
Learn Azure with one of these courses:
This training includes:
- 8 videos
- 56 minutes of training
You’ll learn these topics in this skill:
- Introduction to Performance Monitoring and Instrumentation in Microsoft Azure
- Choosing a Software Agent to Monitor IT Infrastructure
- Monitoring On-premises Virtual Machines with Azure Log Analytics
- Monitoring Azure Virtual Machines with Azure Monitor Agent
- Visualizing Metrics and Logs from Azure Dashboard
- Creating Workbooks to Visualize Metrics and Logs
- Creating Notification Alerts for Critical Events in Azure Monitor
- Call to Action
How To Monitor Azure Hybrid-Cloud Environments
Over the past decade, there has been a massive shift in organizations adopting a public cloud presence. One of the most uniquely interesting aspects to come out of this cloud adoption is the fact that most organizations opt to benefit from a hybrid-cloud model rather than running a complete cloud production environment. This hybrid-cloud model is simply consuming resources on-premises as well as in the cloud or consuming the resources of multiple cloud environments.
Importantly, as organizations adopt this hybrid-cloud model, they are also looking for cohesity in monitoring and managing their environment. One of the prominent ways to achieve monitoring in an Azure environment that spans into an on-premises environment is through the use of the Azure Monitor Agents. Azure Monitor Agents can be deployed on physical machines residing on-prem and gather the rich monitoring and analytics Azure Monitor provides for cloud-native workloads.