New Training: Configuration and Audit Management
In this 8-video skill, CBT Nuggets trainer Bart Castle teaches you how to plan for configuration and audit management at Amazon Web Services (AWS). Learn how to leverage Artifact and AWS Config to generate audit and management reports and how to plan for compliance management in AWS. Watch this new AWS training.
Learn AWS with one of these courses:
This training includes:
- 8 videos
- 53 minutes of training
You’ll learn these topics in this skill:
- Using Artifact for Compliance Reports
- AWS Config: Overview
- AWS Config: Setup
- AWS Config: Rules
- AWS Config: Configuring Rules Aggregation
- Working with Resources: Management Console
- Working with Resources: CLI
- PCI DSS Quickstart
What is AWS Config?
AWS Config is a service that lets you assess, audit and evaluate the configurations that you have made of AWS resources. With Config, you can get a detailed view of all the resources that you are using. This includes how they are configured, how they relate to one another and how both your configurations and their relationships have changed over time.
You can use Config for resource administration, auditing and compliance purposes, managing and troubleshooting configuration changes, and security analysis. Some of the specific ways that you can use Config include:
- Evaluating your actual resource configurations in comparison to your desired configurations.
- Taking snapshots of your current resource configurations.
- Retrieving current or past resource configurations.
- Viewing how a particular entity in your organization, such as a security group, is using a particular resource.
Config also allows you to publish the configurations of third-party resources, such as GitHub repositories and Active Directory resources.