Top 10 Ways to Celebrate Passing an Exam
After weeks, even months, of preparation, you've arrived at the day you've been preparing for. Of course you show up to the testing center early, just like we suggested. You're ready. It's go time. The moment of truth.
Then as quickly as the day arrived, it's over. You hit submit on the final question and once the test calculates (but only after you complete your survey), the final screen loads you realize you've done it! You passed your certification exam! After doing a little chair dance and high-fiving the proctor on the way out you realize it's time to celebrate! But how?
10. Rock out on the drive home. Crank up those guilty pleasure tunes, roll down your windows (weather permitting), continue the chair dancing from the testing center in your car, and sing along like no one is watching. Who cares if the person pulled up next to you at the stop light is laughing at the fact that you love the Jonas Brothers? Right now you're high on life! If they're giving you a really weird look, you can always hold up your test score print out.
9. Spread the cheer on social media. You passed your exam! You want to shout it from the roof tops! Or at least Twitter (or X). While you're at it, don't forget Facebook, Threads, and LinkedIn. It's OK to be proud of your accomplishment and those in your social network will likely already know the hard work and effort that has gone into it, so they'll be proud of you too. And if you're really feeling up to it, how about posting a selfie with your test score print out on Instagram!
8. Stop by the store to pick out a frame. Whether it's hanging in your office, sitting on your desk, or adorning the hallway of your house, you'll need to display your certificate somehow! Now if only you didn't have to wait 2-4 weeks to get it!
7. Celebrate with your favorite "beverages." This might have been your plan whether you passed or failed, but you passed! Drinking beverages while happy is way more fun than drinking them while you're bummed out. But please, drink responsibly.
6. Sleep. How many hours or nights of sleep did you miss by studying for this exam? Time to celebrate by catching up on some much-needed zzz's.
5. Better your situation. Does this cert qualify you for your dream job? Or a raise? Heck, it could even mean showing that certificate off to the ladies! It's time to go for it!
4. Treat yourself. Have you been eyeing the latest iPhone? Dreaming about upgrading your router? Or maybe you've been drooling over a life-size stormtrooper statue (collector's edition, of course). Well, don't you think you deserve a little special something after all that time you've put into passing your exam?
3. Phone a friend. Have a best friend or study partner that you've been talking with about this exam? They'll probably be waiting to hear how it turned out. Fun fact: when trainer Anthony Sequeira passes a cert, the first thing he does is call his BBF (best bro forever) Keith Barker!
2. Time with family. It's inevitable that the time you spent preparing for your exam meant you had to sacrifice time spent with those close to you. Try and make up for lost time. Maybe that means a nice dinner out, a weekend away, or even just a family movie night. Whatever the activity, it's a nice way to show that you appreciate the support of those you love most.
1. Nun ya bizniz. You've celebrated with your favorite beverages, had a nice dinner out with your spouse, and now it's time to head home, and hey, maybe you want to continue your celebration in private.
For many, choosing just one way to celebrate won't do. The harder the effort, the more celebration. But after it's all said and done, and celebrated, it's time to start prepping for the next one!
What certification have you recently conquered? How did you celebrate?
delivered to your inbox.