| new skills - Team Nuggets
New Training: Use PowerShell Requirements to Test and Remediate Serverless Functions in AWS
In this 7-video skill, CBT Nuggets trainer Trevor Sullivan combines PowerShell and Amazon Web Services (AWS) to benchmark various workloads. Watch this new DevOps training.
Learn DevOps with one of these courses:
- AWS Cloud Automation with Powershell
- AWS Cloud Automation
This training includes:
- 7 videos
- 1.1 hours of training
You’ll learn these topics in this skill:
- Introducing PowerShell Requirements and AWS Lambda Testing
- Configure Development Environment for AWS Lambda Testing
- Testing AWS Lambda Runtime Configuration with PowerShell
- Auto-Remediate AWS Lambda Runtime Configuration with PowerShell
- Execute Auto-Remediation Against All AWS Lambda Functions
- Add Auto-Remediation for AWS Lambda RoleARN
- Test and Remediate Timeout Configuration for AWS Lambda Functions
What is AWS Lambda Tools for PowerShell?
AWS Lambda Tools for PowerShell is a PowerShell module that includes cmdlets that let you write serverless functions through AWS Lambda. It further includes project templates for creating serverless applications as well as the tools that allow you to publish your projects on AWS.
With AWS Lambda Tools for PowerShell, you can manage all your AWS resources and write a range of automation scripts. It also lets you run scripts or functions in response to Lambda events, such as an Amazon S3 event or Amazon CloudWatch scheduled event.
AWS Lambda Tools for PowerShell requires PowerShell Core 6.0 and the .NET Core 2.1 SDK (as opposed to the runtime), and it supports all AWS regions that support Lambda. It should be noted that AWS Lambda Tools for PowerShell is not part of AWS Tools for PowerShell. You need to install it separately, by issuing "Install-Module AWSLambdaPSCore -Scope CurrentUser" in a PowerShell Core session.