| new skills - Team Nuggets
New Training: Project Risk Management
In this 9-video skill, CBT Nuggets trainer Simona Millham takes us through the 7 processes in the PMI knowledge area of risk management. Watch this new Project Management training.
Watch the full course: Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
This training includes:
- 9 videos
- 49 minutes of training
You’ll learn these topics in this skill:
- Introducing Risk Management
- Plan Risk Management
- Identify Risks
- Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Risk Response Strategies
- Plan Risk Responses
- Implement Risk Responses
- Monitor Risks
What is Project Risk Management?
Project risk management relates to identifying and analyzing the risks that occur during the completion of a project and properly responding to them. It is something that you need to do not just during the execution of a project but also during its planning.
Project risk management consists of the following seven processes:
- During the planning of a project, you need to come up with an approach for managing risks.
- Next, you need to decide how you will identify risks.
- Once the project commences, you have to look for warning signs of increased risk.
- During the course of the project, you should periodically review the project's exposure to risk.
- You should also continually assess the likelihood of risks throughout the project's lifecycle.
- When risks do arise, you need to identify the causes of them.
- Finally, you should look for ways of turning risks into opportunities.