New Training: Plan Windows 10 Deployment
In this 8-video skill, CBT Nuggets trainer John Munjoma covers domains on planning for Windows as a Service (Waas) and Windows 10 Enterprise Security. Watch this new Microsoft 365 training.
Learn Microsoft 365 with one of these courses:
- Microsoft 365 Mobility and Security
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert (MS-100 & MS-101)
This training includes:
- 8 videos
- 46 minutes of training
You’ll learn these topics in this skill:
- Plan for Windows as a Service (Waas)
- Windows 10 Enterprise Deployment Methods
- Setting up Desktop Analytics
- Windows 10 Enterprise Security Features
- Configuring Windows 10 Enterprise Security Features
- Windows Defender
- Configuring Windows Information Protection
- Verifying Policy Functionality
WaaS: Why Managing Win 10 is Different
Before Windows 10, Microsoft released updated versions of Windows several years apart. These operating systems often had substantial differences, introducing extensive learning curves, delays, and technical glitches. Hardware sometimes crashed, unable to handle the new OS, while even successful installs often failed to replicate all apps and settings.
Windows 10 revolutionized that model by developing a new way to experience the operating system: Windows as a Service (WaaS). Rather than waiting to release massive changes every few years, Microsoft now sends out gradual changes twice each year.
Because these changes are sent as updates to the existing operating system rather than as a completely new OS, technical glitches are minimized. User settings and apps are maintained and far fewer hardware issues are encountered.
Additionally, both security and non-security updates are bundled into a single package and disseminated monthly, easing the load on systems and network administrators as they no longer have to pick and choose between patches.