New Training: Managing Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS) Volumes with PowerShell
In this 6-video skill, CBT Nuggets trainer Trevor Sullivan uses the AWS Tools for PowerShell to manage Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS) volumes.
Gain an understanding of how you can automate tasks such as resizing EBS volumes, attaching or detaching volumes, or reconfiguring volumes to use a different storage tier. Watch this new DevOps training.
Learn DevOps with one of these courses:
- AWS Cloud Automation with Powershell
- AWS Cloud Automation
This training includes:
- 6 videos
- 1.2 hours of training
You’ll learn these topics in this skill:
- Introduction to Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS) and PowerShell Automation
- Install and Configure Your AWS PowerShell Development Tools
- Explore the Amazon EBS Management Commands in PowerShell
- Create an Amazon EBS Volume with PowerShell
- Attach and Detach Amazon EBS Volumes from EC2 Instances with PowerShell
- Reconfigure Amazon EBS Storage Class and IOPS with PowerShell
What is AWS Tools for PowerShell?
AWS Tools for PowerShell is a set of PowerShell cmdlets that allow developers and administrators to manage AWS resources through the PowerShell scripting environment. It provides this through three variants: AWS.Tools, AWSPowerShell.NetCore and AWSPowerShell.
AWS.Tools, which is compatible with PowerShell Core 6+ (and Windows PowerShell 5.1 if you have installed .NET Framework 4.7.2), offers a modular version of the tools, with a smaller footprint as well as faster import times. For these reasons, it is the preferred option.
AWSPowerShell.NetCore is the monolithic version of the cross-platform PowerShell tools.
AWSPowerShell is the Windows-exclusive legacy version of the tools. You should use it only if you are running Windows PowerShell.