New Training: Manage AWS Service Catalog Products with PowerShell
In this 7-video skill, CBT Nuggets trainer Trevor Sullivan explore AWS Service Catalog, the powerful tool that enables you to publish pre-defined cloud templates to other users and AWS accounts for provisioning. Watch this new DevOps training.
Learn DevOps with one of these courses:
This training includes:
- 7 videos
- 1.3 hours of training
You’ll learn these topics in this skill:
- Introduction to AWS Service Catalog and PowerShell Automation
- Configure AWS Service Catalog Automation Environment
- Managing AWS Service Catalog Portfolios with PowerShell
- Overview of Managing AWS Service Catalog Products in PowerShell
- Associate AWS Service Catalog Product to Portfolio with PowerShell
- Grant Access to AWS Service Catalog Portfolio from PowerShell
- Provision an AWS Service Catalog Product with PowerShell
What is AWS Service Catalog?
AWS Service Catalog is a service that lets you create and manage catalogs of the products that your users can access through an easy-to-use portal. These products can include the deployment of virtual machine images, servers, software and databases.
With Service Catalog, you can define which users can use which products. You can also control how you configure these products through the use of levels, such as at an individual, group or department level. You can further use the service to update your products so that your users are always accessing the latest versions of it.
Service Catalog can help you meet compliance requirements through its centralized management. You can also use it to keep track of cost, performance, security and the operational status of your products.
The service additionally provides an API, which you can use as an alternative to the AWS Management Console. It gives you programmatic control over your users' actions.