| new skills - Team Nuggets
New Training: Leverage EC2 Image Builder to Automate Container Image Builds
In this 7-video skill, CBT Nuggets trainer Trevor Sullivan explores how you can use EC2 Image Builder pipelines to automatically build your Linux container images. Amazon EC2 Image Builder is able to build Linux container images along with operating system images. Watch this new AWS training.
Watch the full course: AWS Cloud Automation
This training includes:
- 7 videos
- 1.3 hours of training
You’ll learn these topics in this skill:
- Introduction to Amazon CloudWatch and PowerShell Automation
- Setting Up Your Development Environment for Amazon CloudWatch Automation
- Explore Amazon CloudWatch PowerShell Commands
- Write Custom Metrics to Amazon CloudWatch with PowerShell
- Develop an Ingestion Loop for Multiple Metrics with PowerShell
- Create Amazon CloudWatch Metric Alarms with PowerShell
- Retrieve Metric Data Points from Amazon CloudWatch
What is Amazon EC2 Image Builder?
Amazon EC2 Image Builder is a service from AWS that allows you to easily create, maintain, validate, share and deploy both Linux and Windows server images that have been pre-installed and pre-configured with both software and settings. You can use these images either in EC2 or elsewhere.
By using EC2 Image Builder, you don't have to manually keep your virtual machine and container images up-to-date, nor do you have to write and maintain code to automatically do this.
EC2 Image Builder also makes it easier to secure images. You can create images that only contain the components that you need, which can limit your exposure to vulnerabilities. The service also automatically updates your images when security patches become available. You can further apply any required security policies to the images as well.
Finally, EC2 Image Builder comes with a wizard that lets you generate an automated pipeline for producing images.