New Training: Design the Logical Architecture of SharePoint
In this 11-video skill, CBT Nuggets trainer Jacob Moran teaches you how to create SharePoint websites, site collections, and sites that meet end-user needs. Gain an understanding of the components of managed paths, the SharePoint logical architecture, and the relationships between web applications, service applications, service application proxies, and service application proxy groups. Watch this new Sharepoint training.
Learn Sharepoint with one of these courses:
This training includes:
- 11 videos
- 1.2 hours of training
You’ll learn these topics in this skill:
- Designing SharePoint Logical Architecture
- SharePoint Managed Service Accounts and Interconnections
- Creating a SharePoint Web Application using Central Administration
- Creating a SharePoint Web Application Using PowerShell
- SharePoint Site Collection URLs
- Creating a SharePoint Managed Path Site Collection
- Creating a SharePoint Host Header Site Collection
- SharePoint Service Application Architecture
- Creating a SharePoint Service Application
- Use PowerShell to Create a SharePoint Service Application
- Using Custom SharePoint Service Application Proxy Groups
What is SharePoint Central Administration?
SharePoint Central Administration is a web-based portal where you can perform various forms of SharePoint administration from one location.
Its features include Application Management, where you can create new web applications and site collections. You can also manage the services installed on your SharePoint site.
In Monitoring, you can view the health status of your SharePoint server as well as schedule jobs and create and manage reports.
Another feature of the portal is Security, where you can manage administrator and service accounts and configure SharePoint security settings.
In General Application Settings, you can configure options for your SharePoint site collections and sites. In Systems Settings, you can configure server settings.
In Backup and Restore, you can backup or restore your SharePoint site.
In Upgrade and Migration, you can upgrade your SharePoint license.
In the Configuration Wizard, you can configure your SharePoint Server.
Finally, in Apps, you can manage the apps that you've installed on your SharePoint instance.