New Training: Deploy Amazon WorkSpaces with PowerShell
In this 7-video skill, CBT Nuggets trainer Trevor Sullivan uses Amazon WorkSpaces to rapidly provision virtual desktops in the cloud.
Gain an understanding of integrating systems with Amazon WorkSpaces APIs using PowerShell. Watch this new DevOps,AWS training.
Learn DevOps,AWS with one of these courses:
- AWS Cloud Automation with PowerShell
- AWS Cloud Automation
This training includes:
- 7 videos
- 1.2 hours of training
You’ll learn these topics in this skill:
- Introduction to Amazon WorkSpaces and PowerShell
- Configure Development Tools for Amazon WorkSpaces Automation
- Create an AWS Directory Service Instance with PowerShell
- Register AWS Directory Service with Amazon WorkSpaces
- Create an Amazon WorkSpace with PowerShell
- Secure Amazon WorkSpaces with IP Whitelist Control Groups
- Test Amazon WorkSpace and Clean Up with PowerShell
Give Your Users Windows or Linux Work Spaces with WorkSpaces
Amazon WorkSpaces is a service that lets you provision virtual desktops. When you deliver the workspaces to your users, your job is simply choosing which OS they’ll get: Windows or Linux. Amazon’s job is procuring and deploying the hardware, installing the software, and managing the infrastructure.
But not only does Amazon WorkSpaces provide you with those cloud-based desktops, they built the service with plenty of room for customization and configuration. So not only are there features like what protocol to use to manage and monitor the desktops, flexible billing or robust application management, but all the management can be automated. WorkSpaces’ API puts all the management functionality right at your fingertips.
The WorkSpaces API allows you to use PowerShell commands for troubleshooting, provisioning, registering services and more. WorkSpaces already eliminated dozens of hours of maintenance to deliver virtual desktops to users, and the PowerShell integration makes administering and monitoring even easier.