| new skills - Team Nuggets
New Training: Create Amazon EC2 Launch Templates with PowerShell and AWS CloudFormation
In this 6-video skill, CBT Nuggets trainer Trevor Sullivan uses Amazon EC2 Launch Templates to create and scale virtual infrastructure in the cloud. Watch this new AWS training.
Watch the full course: AWS Cloud Automation
This training includes:
- 6 videos
- 58 minutes of training
You’ll learn these topics in this skill:
- Introduction to Amazon EC2 Launch Templates and AWS Tools for PowerShell
- Configure PowerShell Environment for EC2 Launch Template Automation
- Exploring the EC2 Launch Template PowerShell Commands
- Create Amazon EC2 Launch Templates with AWS Tools for PowerShell
- Test and Increment EC2 Launch Template Version with PowerShell
- Craft an AWS CloudFormation Template with EC2 Launch Template
How to Create a New Amazon EC2 Launch Template with PowerShell
AWS fully integrates with PowerShell with the AWS Tools for PowerShell package. This is a separate package that must be downloaded and installed before developers can use the AWS SDK through the PowerShell command line. Once this package is installed and configured, PowerShell can launch new EC2 instances.
Using PowerShell to launch new EC2 instances opens the possibility of deploying an automated EC2 environment. To launch a new EC2 instance through PowerShell, use the New-EC2LaunchTemplate cmdlet. This cmdlet comes with 9 additional flags, not including the standard regional and authentication flags used for all AWS resources.
Those flags include:
- TagSpecification <TagSpecification>
It should be noted that the LaunchTemplateData and LaunchTemplateName flags are required. The LaunchTemplateData flag must be the first flag entered after the cmdlet command.
For more information regarding this cmdlet, visit its AWS documentation page.