New Training: Automate Cost Management
In this 10-video skill, CBT Nuggets trainer Bart Castle teaches you how to implement cost and spend management controls at Amazon Web Services (AWS). Learn how to configure billing management administration, how to implement spend alert notifications, how to set up a budget and monitor it, how to use Lambda functions to react to spend overages, and how to mitigate costs by terminating resources automatically. Watch this new AWS training.
Learn AWS with one of these courses:
- AWS Certified Security – Specialty
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate
This training includes:
- 10 videos
- 1 hour of training
You’ll learn these topics in this skill:
- Cost Management Options
- Enabling IAM Billing Management
- Configuring Consolidated Billing
- Setting up a Billing Alert
- Automating Budget Enforcement
- Budget Alert Notification
- Lambda Launch-Constraint Reaction
- Testing the Constraint Control
- Lambda Terminate Reaction
- Testing the Terminate Control
AWS Lambda Catches and Responds to Events You Define, Even Overages
If you use Amazon Web Services (AWS), you may have heard of AWS Lambda. In Amazon’s words, it’s a serverless compute service that responds to events you define by running code you write. While that in itself is useful, Lambda is great for two reasons. First, since it’s serverless, you don’t have to provision or manage servers to have it working and you only pay for resources you actually use. Second, Lamba’s focus is to manage your underlying compute resources and help ensure you stay in-budget.
The trick to writing code for AWS Lambda is using its Lambda functions and associating the function with some AWS resources. For example, maybe you want to write Lambda code that terminates an Amazon S3 bucket under the right circumstances, or throttle an Amazon DynamoDB table according to certain billing constraints. The permutations of how you can control your AWS compute resources with the serverless Lambda are limited only to you and your creativity.