New Training: Project Integration Management
In this 9-video skill, CBT Nuggets trainer Simona Millham covers the seven integration management process. Watch this new Project Management training.
Watch the full course: Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
This training includes:
- 9 videos
- 50 minutes of training
You’ll learn these topics in this skill:
- Introducing Project Integration Management
- Selecting a Project
- Developing the Project Charter
- Developing Project Management Plan
- Directing and Managing Project Work
- Managing Project Knowledge
- Monitoring and Controlling Project Work
- Performing Integrated Change Control
- Closing the Project or Phase
What is Project Integration Management?
Projects can have many complex components that relate to each other and require management. Project integration management provides coordination of various project elements, such as tasks, resources and stakeholders. It also resolves project conflicts that arise when there are competing requests for a limited resource.
Project integration management involves the following seven processes:
- Developing a project charter.
- Developing a project management plan.
- Directing and managing the work of a project.
- Managing relevant project knowledge.
- Monitoring and managing work completed on a project.
- Performing integrated change control.
- Closing the project, or a particular phase of it.
It is important to understand that project integration management is not a discrete step performed during the completion of a project but something that you carry out throughout the project's lifecycle. Within each phase of a project, you should expect to perform one or more of the processes outlined above.