| new skills - Team Nuggets
New Training: Implement Enterprise-Level Security Controls
In this 7-video skill, CBT Nuggets trainer James Conrad guides you through the increasingly complex security measures required to protect systems. Watch this new Windows 10 training.
Learn Windows 10 with one of these courses:
This training includes:
- 7 videos
- 1.1 hours of training
You’ll learn these topics in this skill:
- Implement Application Control
- Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection
- Configure Endpoint Security Firewall Settings
- Configure Endpoint Security Device Control
- Manage Windows Defender Antivirus
- Manage Enterprise-Level Disk Encryption
- Implement and Manage Security Baselines in Microsoft Intune
What Are the Best Practices for Implementing Enterprise Security Control?
The following best practices can help protect your enterprise against security threats:
- You should protect data both at rest and in transit by identifying assets that you must encrypt and by developing a scalable security strategy surrounding this.
- You should develop identity and access management controls using the principle of least privilege, which will allow only enough access to perform tasks.
- You should initiate plans for mitigating risk and recovering from disasters, which should include not only workflows but also the responsibilities for them.
- You should educate your employees on computer security, as they can often act as a line of defense against many threats, especially those that target humans.
- You should manage endpoint security, which you can do through using technologies that continuously monitor your network for anomalous traffic.
- You shouldn't limit the management of security strategy to IT departments alone, but also include senior management during the deliberation of them.