- Course info
- Course resources
In this intermediate Microsoft Desktop Administrator training, James Conrad prepares you to take the MD-100 exam, which is one of two exams required to earn the Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate certification.
Desktop support is a common entry point to the IT career field, and MD-100 training can help you open the door. Coming from a user (or even power user) role, newcomers to support are often shocked when they look under the hood at Windows 10. After completing this Desktop Administrator training, you'll be ready to take the MD-100 exam — and validate that you can manage Windows 10 in an enterprise environment.
For anyone who manages a help desk or support techs, this Desktop Administrator training can be used for MD-100 exam prep, on-boarding new support specialists, or Windows 10 migration training. This Windows 10 training can even be curated for end users as a self-help resource to alleviate strain on the support staff and reduce the number of tickets.
MD-100: What You Need to Know
This Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate training maps to the Microsoft MD-100 exams objectives, and covers topics such as:
- Learn about Active Directory, cloud services, and group rights; gain a deeper understanding of OneDrive, BitLocker, permissions, and more.
- Configure networking and remote connectivity in a Windows 10 environment. Learn how to configure client IP settings, mobile networking, VPN clients, remote management, WiFi profiles, remote desktop access, and more.
- Configure system and data recovery, manage updates, and maintain a Windows 10 environment. Learn how to perform file recovery, troubleshoot the startup and boot process, monitor event logs, and more
- Gain experience in deploying Windows 10 and performing post-installation configuration. Learn how to configure language packs, select the appropriate Windows edition, configure Microsoft Edge Browser and Internet Explorer, perform clean installations and in-place upgrades, and more.
- Manage devices and data in a Windows 10 environment. Learn how to manage local groups and users, configure data access, and configure devices by using local policies.
- Learn how to manage Windows security, including configuring User Account Control (UAC), and working with Windows Defender Firewall.
Who Should Take MD-100 Training?
This Desktop Administrator training is considered associate-level Microsoft training, which means it was designed for desktop support specialists and junior systems administrators. This MD-100 course is valuable for new IT professionals with at least a year working with Windows 10, and experienced desktop support specialists looking to validate their Windows 10 skills.
New or aspiring desktop support specialists. From permissions settings to the deployment kits, Windows 10 has quite a few features that make desktop administration easier — like group rights, remote configuration, and Windows Deployment Services. This MD-100 training covers everything you need to know to run an enterprise Windows 10 environment.
Experienced desktop support specialists. Even desktop support specialists who have been clearing tickets for a few years will benefit from this Windows 10 training. The material on the MD-100 exam is expansive and includes how to deploy, manage, connect, and maintain devices, as well as how to work with apps and data. Importantly, the MD-100 exam is also a stepping stone away from the help desk and toward higher-level system administration roles. The MD-100 will not only teach you about the tools you never knew were tucked into the Windows OS, but it’ll validate the entire body of Microsoft knowledge you’ve already acquired.
Skills You'll Learn in this Course
Do you want to remove this course from bookmarked courses?