Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate (MD-100) Online Training
In this intermediate Microsoft Desktop Administrator training, James Conrad prepares you to take the MD-100 exam, which is one of two exams required to earn the Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate certification.
Desktop support is an ideal entry point to the IT career field, and MD-100 training can help you open the door. Coming from a user (or even power user) role, newcomers to support are often shocked when they look under the hood at Windows 10/11. After completing this Desktop Administrator training, you'll be ready to take the MD-100 exam — and validate that you can manage Windows 10/11 in an enterprise environment.
For anyone who manages a help desk or support techs, this Desktop Administrator training can be used for MD-100 exam prep, on-boarding new support specialists, or Windows 10/11 migration training. This Windows 10/11 training can even be curated for end users as a self-help resource to alleviate strain on the support staff and reduce the number of tickets.
MD-100: What You Need to Know
This Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate training maps to the Microsoft MD-100 exams objectives, and covers topics such as:
- Learn about Active Directory, cloud services, and group rights; gain a deeper understanding of OneDrive, BitLocker, permissions, and more.
- Configure networking and remote connectivity in a Windows 10/11 environment. Learn how to configure client IP settings, mobile networking, VPN clients, remote management, WiFi profiles, remote desktop access, and more.
- Configure system and data recovery, manage updates, and maintain a Windows 10/11 environment. Learn how to perform file recovery, troubleshoot the startup and boot process, monitor event logs, and more
- Gain experience in deploying Windows 10/11 and performing post-installation configuration. Learn how to configure language packs, select the appropriate Windows edition, configure Microsoft Edge Browser and Internet Explorer, perform clean installations and in-place upgrades, and more.
- Manage devices and data in a Windows 10/11 environment. Learn how to manage local groups and users, configure data access, and configure devices by using local policies.
- Learn how to manage Windows security, including configuring User Account Control (UAC), and working with Windows Defender Firewall.
Who Should Take MD-100 Training?
This Desktop Administrator training is considered associate-level Microsoft training, which means it was designed for desktop support specialists and junior systems administrators. This MD-100 course is valuable for new IT professionals with at least a year working with Windows 10/11, and experienced desktop support specialists looking to validate their Windows 10/11 skills.
New or aspiring desktop support specialists. From permissions settings to the deployment kits, Windows 10/11 has quite a few features that make desktop administration easier — like group rights, remote configuration, and Windows Deployment Services. This MD-100 training covers everything you need to know to run an enterprise Windows 10/11 environment.
Experienced desktop support specialists. Even desktop support specialists who have been clearing tickets for a few years will benefit from this Windows 10/11 training. The material on the MD-100 exam is expansive and includes how to deploy, manage, connect, and maintain devices, as well as how to work with apps and data. Importantly, the MD-100 exam is also a stepping stone away from the help desk and toward higher-level system administration roles. The MD-100 will not only teach you about the tools you never knew were tucked into the Windows OS, but it’ll validate the entire body of Microsoft knowledge you’ve already acquired.