- Course info
- Course resources
In this intermediate Linux skills training, Shawn Powers prepares you for the XK0-004 exam, the one exam you need to pass to earn the CompTIA Linux+ certification.
Linux has long been a favorite operating system for server administration because it’s a secure operating system that’s both stable and flexible. It’s just a matter of knowing how to use it. After watching this Linux training, you'll know how to configure, monitor, and support servers running the Linux operating system.
For managers with Linux products, this Linux training can be used for XK0-004 exam prep, on-boarding new systems administrators, as a Linux reference resource, or curated into individual or team training plans.
CompTIA Linux+: What You Need to Know
This CompTIA Linux+ training covers these skills:
- Understand boot loaders and boot options such as GRUB, GRUB2, UEFI/EFI, PXE, and NFS
- Install, configure, and monitor kernel modules
- Configure network configuration parameters, storage, and localization options in a Linux environment
- Create, delete, and manage users and groups
- Understand file and directory permissions, context-based permissions, privilege escalation, and user types
- Create, modify, and redirect files
- Configure and implement access and authentication methods, such as PAM, SSH, TTYs, PKI, and VPN
- Analyze and troubleshoot user issues, such as permission, access, and file creation issues
- Deploy and execute BASH scripts
- Understand version control with Git
Who Should Take CompTIA Linux+ Training?
This training is considered administrator-level Linux training, which means it was designed for systems administrators. This course is designed for systems administrators with three to five years of experience with open-source platforms.
New or aspiring systems administrators. Server administration for Linux servers is a core skillset for a system administrator, and this training will help ensure there's no element of it that you don’t understand. For system administrators who are relatively new to the field, this training will ensure you’re thoroughly educated in proper administration so you can take and pass the XK0-004 exam and earn the CompTIA Linux+ certification.
Experienced systems administrators. For systems administrators who’ve been in the field for a while, the Linux+ certification from CompTIA is one of the best ways to demonstrate your high level of competence in administering Linux-based networks. This training provides a substantial part of the information about server administration that gets tested on the XK0-004 exams for the Linux+ certification.
Skills You'll Learn in this Course
Do you want to remove this course from bookmarked courses?