Check Point CCSA R80 (156-215.80) Online TrainingThe exam associated with this course was retired. However, this course still retains value as a training resource.
In this intermediate Check Point CCSA R80 training, Keith Barker prepares network administrators to take the 156-215.80 exam, which is the one exam required to earn the Check Point CCSA R80 certification.
Check Point may only control about 10 percent of security appliance market share, but that very rarity makes Check Point knowledge all the more valuable. Security professionals who are Check Point-certified are relatively scarce, and those who can defend against network threats, assess current security policies, and monitor network activities are highly valued.
By completing this 156-215.80 training, network administrators will be better prepared to advance into roles that lead to higher-level network administrator and security positions.
For anyone who manages a company’s Check Point or security training, this CCSA R80 training can be used for 156-215.80 exam prep, for on-boarding new network administrators, or as part of a team training plan.
CCSA R80: What You Need to Know
For network administrators using this training for exam preparation, our Check Point CCSA R80 course maps to the Check Point 156-215.80 exams objectives and covers topics including:
- Initial installation and configuration: security manager, default user accounts, gateways, SmartConsole, backward compatibility, static and default routes
- Security policies: introduction, second gateway, zone-based policies, section titles and inline layers, policy installation, policy packages, troubleshooting
- Network address translation (NAT): overview, source, destination, manual vs auto
- Advanced firewall features: gateway high availability, Check Point, application control, HTTPS inspection, identity, threat prevention
- VPNs: overview, IPsec, tunnel utility, SmartView, SmartEvent
- Command line interface: interface configuration, policy management, processes and daemons, web and CLI backups
Who Should Take CCSA R80 Training?
This CCSA R80 training is considered associate-level Check Point training, which means it was designed for network administrators. This 156-215.80 course is valuable for new IT professionals with at least a year of experience with infrastructure and experienced network administrators looking to validate their Check Point skills.
New or aspiring network administrators. Those who are new to network support may be interested in going in the direction of network security. If your company’s IT infrastructure makes use of Check Point products, you may want to consider Check Point CCSA R80 training from CBT Nuggets. Additionally, even if it’s not something you can make use of right now, being Check Point certified could make you more eligible for promotion or a new job elsewhere.
Experienced network administrators. Network support personnel have their hands full with everything there is to learn and do, including locking down and securing the network. Experienced network administrators may find that they need a greater understanding of Check Point products and capabilities to adequately protect their network resources. Check Point CCSA R80 training from CBT Nuggets is just the solution to help IT professionals improve their network security skills.