New Training: Information Gathering and Vulnerability Scanning for Penetration Testing
In this 29-video, intermediate training, CBT Nuggets trainer Shawn Powers covers the knowledge security technicians need to gather enough information about a target system and perform effective vulnerability scans so your penetration tests are optimally effective.
The world of cybersecurity has many tools that professionals can use to ensure a system or network’s security. Of all those tools, penetration testing is one of the most powerful and versatile ways to identify a network’s leaks and holes so they can be patched before they’re ever exploited. But a penetration tool is worthless as a tool without adequate information gathered ahead of time. Planning a penetration test without gathering network and system information ahead of time is like leaving on a road trip without a destination or a map. This Information Gathering and Vulnerability Scanning for Penetration Testing training puts the tools for preparing a successful penetration test into your hands.
The five-part series covers topics such as leveraging both passive and active information gathering, identifying sources of information and how to import them, and analyzing data streams for relevant information as well as:
The five skills that comprise this series are:
- Conduct Information Gathering Using Appropriate Techniques
- Perform a Vulnerability Scan
- Analyze Vulnerability Scan Results
- Leverage Information for Exploitation
- Explain Weaknesses Inherent to Specialized Systems
While this training may not map to a certification, it’s still valuable skills training for security technicians looking to learn vulnerability scans.
Topics this training covers include:
- Using Open Source Intelligence Gathering
- Understanding ICS and SCADA
- Considering Mobile Devices
- Handling Scanning Permissions
- Scanning Considerations
This training includes:
- 2 hour of training
- 29 videos
Watch a video from the series:
Here's some more vulnerability scans-related content from the CBT Nuggets blog:
- How to Do Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Scanning
- Penetration Tests vs. Vulnerability Scans: The Difference
- 10 Best Tools to Start Pen Testing
Start learning vulnerability scans today!