| training | new training - Team Nuggets
New Training: Implementing Microsoft SQL Server 2016 in Azure
In this 21-video, intermediate training, CBT Nuggets trainer Garth Schulte covers the knowledge systems administrators need to set up and deploy a SQL Server instance in the Azure cloud service, making sure your storage, performance and availability requirements are all met.
The days of running all your database requirements from on-premises equipment are coming to a close. Cloud-driven data solutions are increasingly popular not just for their accessibility, but also their storage capacity, high availability and cost efficiency. Systems administrators looking to stay up-to-date on the most cost-effective ways to use full versions of SQL Server in the cloud without the need to rely on on-premises hardware can depend on this Implementing Microsoft SQL Server 2016 in Azure training to show them how to set up and install instances of the same SQL Server software they’re already familiar with from the cloud.
The four-part series covers topics such as using full versions of SQL Server in the cloud without having to manage anything on-prem, simplifying license costs by ensuring you’re only paying for what you use, and choosing the right version, edition and operating system for your SQL Server VM.
Watch a video from the series:
The skills that comprise this series include:
- Deploy a Microsoft Azure SQL Database
- Plan for SQL Server 2016 Installation
- Deploy SQL Server 2016 Instances
- Deploy SQL Server Databases to Azure Virtual Machines
Topics this training covers include:
- Deploy SQL Server Instances: Deploy SQL Server by using Templates
- Deploy a Microsoft Azure SQL Database: Create Servers and Databases
- Deploy SQL Server Databases to Azure Virtual Machines: Support Availability Sets in Azure
- Deploy SQL Server Databases to Azure Virtual Machines: Lab
- Deploy a Microsoft Azure SQL Database: Create a Sysadmin Account
This training includes:
- 1 hour of training
- 21 videos