MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Administration Online TrainingThe exams associated with this course have been retired. However, this course still retains value as a training resource.
In this Microsoft MCSA: SQL 2016 training, Garth Schulte covers the objectives in both exams required to earn the MCSA: SQL 2016 certification — Microsoft exams 70-764 and 70-765.
MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Administration was designed by Microsoft to validate the entry-level skills expected of a database administrator with about a year of experience, which includes planning, deploying, and configuring a SQL database with Azure SQL and SQL Server.
For anyone who leads a data team, this MCSA training can be used for 70-764 and 70-765 exam prep, on-boarding new database administrators, or as part of a team training plan.
MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Administration: What You Need to Know
For any database administrator using this training for exam preparation, our MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Development course maps to the Microsoft MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Development exam objectives, and covers topics such as:
- Microsoft Azure SQL database deployment: service tiers, creation of servers and databases, sysadmin account, elastic pools,
- SQL Server Installation: IaaS vs. on-premises, storage design, performance requirements
- SQL Server instances deployment: templates, automation, VM provisioning, migration
- Secure access configuration: firewall rules, encryption, dynamic data masking
- SQL Server Performance Settings: configuration; operators and alerts
- SQL Server Instances management: database creation, file management, system database files
- Storage management: overview, SMB file shares, service tiers, storage pools, storage recovery
- Data Access and Permissions: create and maintain user and roles
Who Should Take MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Administrator Training?
This MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Administrator training is considered associate-level Microsoft training, which means it was designed for database administrators. This MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Administrator course is valuable for new IT professionals with at least a year of experience with SQL database and experienced database administrators looking to validate their Microsoft skills.
New or aspiring database administrators. New database administrators can quickly improve their knowledge and accelerate their careers with MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Administration training. The ability to develop SQL databases as well as administer them could qualify new IT professionals for specialized roles in their organizations — since with greater skills come greater opportunities. MCSA-certified database engineers are in high demand and can command a good salary.
Experienced database administrators. Continuous learning is the key to both personal development and career growth. Experienced SQL administrators can take the next step in their database careers by learning database development. A certification in MCSA SQL 2016 Database Administration can be the ticket to more senior positions, like database engineer.