| training | new training - Team Nuggets
New Training: Managing Backup and Restore of Databases in Microsoft SQL Server 2016
In this 22-video, intermediate training, CBT Nuggets trainer Garth Schulte covers the knowledge systems administrators need to ensure continuity and provide confidence in your databases with mastery over backup and restoration processes in SQL Server 2016.
Hopefully there’s no one who needs to be convinced of just how important backups and restorations are for a database or an entire network. Data is, simply, not inviolable. Databases can become corrupted, entire servers can be lost, data centers can go dark or be hacked — the ways that data can be lost are intimidating when you think about it. What this Managing Backup and Restore of Databases in Microsoft SQL Server 2016 training does is very straightforward: make sure a database administrator is familiar with every last technique and approach to keeping data safe, no matter how large the database or how sensitive the data.
The three-part series covers topics such as creating a test database to practice backup and restore from, connecting to multiple databases and instances from the Server Management Studio, and restoring backups wherever you want them.
Watch a video from the series:
The skills that comprise this series include:
- Develop a SQL Server 2016 Backup Strategy
- Perform Database Restores in SQL Server 2016
- Manage Database Integrity in SQL Server 2016
Topics this training covers include:
- Restore Databases: Test and Automate Restores
- Manage Database Integrity: SQL Server Database Integrity
- Restore Databases: Restore Filegroups
- Restore Databases: Perform Point-in-Time Recovery
- Restore Databases: SQL Server Restore
This training includes:
- 2 hour of training
- 22 videos