January 2014 with Jason Helmick
- 16 videos
- 8 hrs 45 mins
Note: This course was originally named IIS 8.
- Experience with basic networking technology
- Experience with Windows Server administration
- Experience with Windows Client administration
- A Windows client (version 7 or 8) or Windows Server (version 2008 R2 or 2012)
Related job functions:
- Windows Server administrator
- Web administrator
- Any administrator who uses a product based on IIS (i.e. Exchange, SharePoint, SCCM)
- Any developer who wants to assist in the troubleshooting and deployment of websites and applications.
Microsoft Internet Information Services provides one of the most secure, high-performing web servers in the world. If you’re an administrator responsible for maintaining a web server or an entire web farm, and you want to get up to speed quickly, this is your answer. There are new features in IIS 8.5, but almost everything you learn in the course is the same or similar in IIS 7.0 and 7.5.
Administrators working with products like Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, or other products that implement IIS, will be rewarded with a new understanding of the technologies, plus troubleshooting skills.