- Course info
- Course resources
In this entry-level Microsoft SQL Server 2012 training, Garth Schulte prepares learners to write queries and implement data warehouses.
The 70-461, 70-462 and 70-463 exams associated with this playlist were revised in 2016, but a large percentage of this course still maps to the current exam objectives and continues to provide value as a training resource.
Though Microsoft has made it relatively easy to migrate data between SQL Server versions, many companies rely on older SQL Server versions for a number of reasons. In addition to exam preparation, this training can serve as reference material for anyone who currently manages databases or data warehouses that still live on SQL Server 2012.
For anyone who manages IT training for a company or team that still supports SQL Server 2012, this SQL Server 2012 training can be used for legacy technology training, on-boarding new systems administrators, or as part of a team training plan.
MCSA: SQL Server 2012: What You Need to Know
This MCSA: SQL Server 2012 training proceeds through the 70-461, 70-462, and 70-463 exam objectives and covers topics including:
- Using Transact-SQL (T-SQL) to create and alter tables, views, constraints, and DML triggers
- Implementing sub-queries, data types, aggregate queries, and error handling
- Installing and configuring SQL Server
- Using INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE statements to modify data
- Deploying and configuring SSIS
- Configuring databases and SQL Server instances
- Managing backup, restore, database security, and high availability
- Implementing dimensions, fact tables, data flow, SSIS package execution, and script tasks
Who Should Take MCSA: SQL Server 2012 Training?
This MCSA: SQL Server 2012 course is valuable for new IT professionals with at least a year of experience with SQL Server 2012 and experienced systems administrators looking to validate their Microsoft skills.
New or aspiring systems administrators. Mainstream support of SQL Server 2012 may have ended in 2017, but there are plenty of data warehouses still being run by this version. This MCSA training can help system administrators design, monitor, backup, and troubleshoot SQL Server 2012.
Skills You'll Learn in this Course
Do you want to remove this course from bookmarked courses?