World Backup Day: Back Your Data Up Today!
It’s a simple but often overlooked task, but backing data up is so crucial. As recent events have shown us, you never know when disaster will strike. Yet, 30 percent of people have never backed up their data.
If you haven’t backed up your data lately, there’s no time like today, which also happens to be World Backup Day. Yes, it’s a recognized day, so take data backup seriously!
Pro tip: Don’t back up all your data in one place like a single computer. Use a cloud-storage solution or even a USB drive. Keep a copy of your data somewhere different and safe.
We’ve gathered some backup-related content to mark the occasion, as well as highlight different ways to back up and secure data — including training from our expert trainers:
- Backup and Recovery Concepts, Oracle Database 12c by Ben Finkel
- Implement Azure Backup by Chuck Keith
- Manage Virtual Machine Backups in Azure by Chuck Keith
- Implement Basic Disaster Prevention and Recovery by Knox Hutchinson
You might also find the following CBT Nuggets blog posts helpful or interesting:
- How to Avoid Single Points of Failure with Redundancy
- Don’t Forget IT in Your Business Continuity Plan
Don’t wait until it’s too late — and you lose valuable data — back up your data regularly! Happy World Backup Day!