As you’re studying for that last certification of the year, it is totally reasonable if you determine that you need some additional material for studying. Have no fear! CBT Nuggets is here to help you out, by connecting you with some great additional resources!
Based on some of our top-rated courses the past year, we hand-selected the best reading material to supplement your training.
Here are ten books we think would be especially beneficial, in no particular order:
- (ISC)2 CISSP 2015: CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide, 6th Edition, by Shon Harris
This resource covers all ten CISSP exam domains developed by the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC2). However, due to its learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter, exam tips, practice questions, and in-depth explanations, it is one of the best resources for passing your (ISC)2 CISSP 2015 exam.
- AngularJS: ng-book – The Complete Book on AngularJS, by Ari Lerner
Learn some of the best practices and the best tools for mastering AngularJS with this book. It features detailed examples to help you get your projects up and running, and detailed explanations of how you can pass your AngularJS certification exam.
- Apache Hadoop: Hadoop: The Definitive Guide, Third Edition, by Tom White
Use this tool to learn how to build and maintain reliable, scalable, distributed systems with Apache Hadoop. This book provides case studies that demonstrate how Hadoop is used to solve specific problems — and is constantly being updated with the latest and greatest on Hadoop.
- AWS: Certified Solutions Architect – Associate: AWS Certified Solutions Architect Official Study Guide: Associate Exam 1st Edition, by Joe Baron , Hisham Baz, Tim Bixler, Biff Gaut, Kevin E. Kelly, Sean Senior, and John Stamper
This Sybex Study Guide can fully prepare you with expert AWS Associate exam content and real-world knowledge. You’ll study smarter and faster with key exam essentials, chapter review questions, access to Sybex’s interactive online learning environment, and much more.
- Cisco CCDA 200-310 DESGN: CCDA 200-310 Official Cert Guide 5th Edition, by Anthony Bruno and Steve Jordan
CCDA 200-310 Official Cert Guide presents you with an organized test preparation routine through the use of various techniques. “Do I Know This Already?” quizzes open each chapter and enable you to determine how much time you will need to spend on each section. Exam topic lists make referencing easy. Chapter-ending Exam Preparation Tasks help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly.
- Cisco CCNA ICND1: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices, Part 1 (ICND1) Foundation Learning Guide (4th Edition) by Anthony Sequeira
This Cisco-authorized, self-paced foundation learning tool for both the CCENT 100-101 and CCNA® 200-120 exams offers an overview with examples, illustrations, and real-world scenarios, helping you rapidly gain both expertise and confidence. Written by CBT Nuggets trainer Anthony Sequeira, this exceptionally valuable guide can help you prepare for certification, or simply understand basic Cisco networking topics and concepts.
- Cisco VoIP CCNA Voice ICOMM 640-461: CCNA Voice 640-461 Official Cert Guide, by Jeremy Cioara
CBT Nuggets trainer Jeremy Cioara wrote this guide that will help you to master CCNA Voice 640-461 concepts. This book assesses your knowledge with introductory quizzes, helps you review primary concepts with exam preparation tasks, and includes practice exam questions on the included CD.
- Cisco CCNP Routing and Switching 300-101 ROUTE: CCNP Routing and Switching v2.0 Official Cert Guide Library 1st Edition, by Kevin Wallace, David Hucaby, Cristian Matei, and Wendell Odom
This guide presents complete reviews and a more challenging and realistic preparation experience — being fully updated to cover the latest CCNP exam topics. Including the highest level of detail, assessment features, and challenging review exercises, this guide will help you master the concepts and techniques that can enable you to succeed on the CCNP Routing and Switching exams.
- VMware vSphere 5.5 VCA-DCV VCP5-DCV: Mastering VMware vSphere 5.5 by Scott Lowe, Nick Marshall, Forbes Guthrie, Matt Liebowitz, and Josh Atwell
This comprehensive Sybex guide covers all the features and capabilities of VMware vSphere, showing administrators step by step how to install, configure, operate, manage, and secure the technology. This combination of hands-on instruction, conceptual explanation, and practical application is reinforced with real-world examples. The author team on this guide provides expertise that will prepare IT professionals to excel at using this virtualization technology.
- CompTIA Network+ N10-006: Network+ Guide to Networks 7th Edition, by Jill West, Tamara Dean, Jean Andrews
Prepare for success on CompTIA’s Network+ N10-006 certification exam with fully mapped coverage of all objectives including protocols, topologies, hardware, network design, and troubleshooting. New OSI layer icons visually link concepts and the OSI model. New and updated “On the Job” stories, Applying Concepts activities, Hands-On and Case Projects let you explore concepts more in depth.
We hope that our list will at least give you a good starting point for looking into additional materials for studying for that final exam you’re planning on taking!
Want some video-based training, too? Start your free week today.