October is finally here! Which means it’s time for all the ghosts, ghouls, and goblins to emerge — and jack-o-lanterns too!
CBT Nuggets is kicking off this spooky month with a pumpkin carving contest just for IT pros! Carve your pumpkin to represent something related to IT and send us a photo (post your photos in the comments below, on Twitter, or Facebook)! During the last week of October, we’ll open up voting for the top pumpkins. Winners* will receive a CBT Nuggets prize pack!
And here are some carving ideas, in case you need a little inspiration:
- Carve your pumpkin in the likeness of your favorite CBT Nuggets trainer
- Replicate your favorite IT-related logo
- Carve “Happy Halloween!” in binary (01001000 01100001 01110000 01110000 01111001 00100000 01001000 01100001 01101100 01101100 01101111 01110111 01100101 01100101 01101110 00100001)
- Treat the stem of your pumpkin as a network cable and carve the top to look like your server
Check out this video of one of our team members carving up our first jack-o-lantern of the season!
Now get carving! Happy Halloween!
*Prize packs can only be shipped to US residents. But please submit your photos if you live outside the US! We’d love to see your creativity!
- Your pumpkin carving must be related to IT and submitted on or before Friday, October 23, 2015.
- Your submission must be workplace appropriate. (Keep it clean, people!)
- Five finalists will be selected by a CBT Nuggets panel of judges. Winners will be selected by popular vote and posted on the blog on October 30, 2015.
- Finalists will be notified by social channel in which they submitted their entry.
- First, second, and third-place winners will receive prize packs.
- Winners must provide a mailing address within the USA to receive their prizes.
- Competitors may submit one entry only – so make it a good one!