IT pros know how to party – especially for Halloween! But if you’re struggling to find some inspiration for your costume this year, we’ve got you covered! Here are 9 IT-themed Halloween costumes to help you make a splash at your office bash!
- SEO Ninja – Dress in all black, with a mask or t-shirt covering your face. Then add keywords all over your body. Feel free to embellish with throwing stars, swords, etc. to complete the Ninja look.
- Linux – Dress like a penguin. Enough said.
- Emojis – There are options on how to implement this one. Option A) face paint! Get lots of yellow. Option B) Use yellow poster board to create a circle with a conveniently placed hole where you can fit your face and carry accessories to create the appropriate emotional responses (hearts to cover your eyes, tears for crying laughter, etc.)
- Error pages – Wear a plain, white t-shirt on which you can write or print your favorite error page of choice. You can find some great ones at creativebloq.com. Or, just go with the classic, “404 Error – Costume not found.”
- Self-driving car – How crafty are you? Could you create a car out of cardboard? If so, try building a car around yourself in the passenger seat!
- Docker whale – The Docker whale has created quite the splash, but it’s quickly become one of the most recognizable tech icons around.
- Android robot – Everybody loves that green little guy! A large trash can with holes for your arms and legs, and eyes and antennae craftily placed on the lid will achieve the desired result. And you can take it to the next level by carrying a large white pillow if you want to be Android Marshmallow!
- Pied Piper – Fans of Silicon Valley will love the chance to dress the part! You can use a classic jester costume to start, add a Robin Hood-style cap with as big a feather as you can find, and a flute! If you are struggling to find a flute, consider using a piece of bamboo from your local florist or home decor store.
- CBT Nuggets Trainer – First, memorize some of your favorite trainer’s catch phrases (i.e., “Let’s begin!” or “I hope this has been informative for you, and I’d like to thank you for viewing!”). Next, dress the part. Make a t-shirt or polo that includes the CBT Nuggets logo (puffy paint can make some wicked good gg’s!), don a headset with a microphone, and carry a small white board on which you illustrate everything you say!
Post your ideas for IT-themed Halloween costumes below in the comments – and pictures if you decide to use any of these ideas! Happy Halloween!