There’s a good chance that you’ve have been asked this all-too-awkward question during an interview: “So, do you have any questions for me?” How do you respond that? We asked our Facebook community what questions they ask during interviews. Here are some of our favorites, several of which are more serious than others…
1. “What’s a typical day like?” – Nichole P.
2. “How does the IT department fit into the daily operations and goals of the company?” – Chris R.
3. “What are your major departmental and company-wide projects that you are working on?” – Brandon J.
4. “What are your long term/short term goals for your team?” – Dwight S. (Dwight stressed the importance of asking questions that can help you determine the makeup and dynamics of the team you could be a part of — and identify how you can be an asset to that team.)
5. “What is your biggest challenge right now?” – Kali K.
6. “What are your expectations from the person in this job?” – Sharon L.
7. “Do you provide a budget for employee training?” – Todd A.
8. “How long have you been working for the company and do you enjoy it?” – Cirilo P. (Cirilo said that a lot of people forget that they’re not only there to be interviewed, but they can also interview the employer to ensure that the company is a good fit for them.)
9. “What type of “bring-your-family events do you have on a regular basis?” – Matthew M.
10. “Why do you work here?” – Bret M.
11. “What are my goals in the next 6 months?” – Gerson A.
12. “Why is it that when you transport something by car, it’s called a shipment, but when you transport something by ship, it’s called cargo?” – Brian W. (Brian is our resident Facebook page jokester. We enjoy his insight, even if it’s a little off the mark.)
Post the questions that you ask interviewers below to help us build a list that can help others crush their next interviews!