Office 365 is Microsoft’s package of office applications and services, including Exchange Server and SharePoint. Its functionality, ease of use, and versatility makes it must-have for an IT pro’s tool box. Here are trainer Brian Alderman’s top reasons YOU should start learning how to use Microsoft Office 365 today.
1. Anyone can use it. Office 365 is available for businesses of all sizes, from small mom-and-pop shops to large enterprise organizations.
2. It lets you get a real hands-on feel. Office 365 provides you the opportunity to perform deep dives in to several Microsoft productivity services, such as SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, and Lync Online.
3. It’s a time saver. With Office 365, there is little to no concern with physical or virtual servers. You also don’t have to deal with patching. As a result, you should have more free time to focus on other areas of your job. Or better, yet, learn new technologies and skills.
4. It keeps you current. Office 365 is considered by some to be one of the biggest technology innovations in the history of IT (ranking up with the historical personal computer and mobile device trends). So knowing how to use it looks great on your resume and when it comes to your annual review.
5. It makes deployments easier. Office 365 helps you get familiar with the deployment of hybrid configurations that use a combination of on-premises and Office 365 cloud-based services. It also helps that such deployments contain widely used software and applications such as SharePoint and Exchange.
6. Prepares you to get certified. You can become knowledgeable enough to obtain one of the most desirable Microsoft certifications (MCSA Office 365), which can be used as a stepping stone to getting MCSE certification. Both certs can enhance your value and marketability.
Interested in learning about Office 365? Start watching completed videos in Brian’s in-progress “Microsoft Office 365 70-346” training course today!