As the Thanksgiving holiday looms here in the U.S. and discussions of recipes abound, we couldn’t help but think about what a recipe for training success might look like.
Recipe for Success
- 1 heaping dose of commitment
- 1/2 cup of curiosity
- 1 1/2 cup of effort
- 1/2 cup of practice
- Before you begin with the ingredients, pre-heat your training experience by setting clear goals.
- Prepare your commitment by telling friends and family about your training goals and placing them gently on your calendar. Remember to keep the true purpose and motivation for your training on the front burner so that it can be revisited often throughout your training.
- Next, mix in your curiosity by challenging yourself to create 2-5 questions during your consumption of each Nugget that will require additional mental marinating.
- Combine your commitment and curiosity with a generous helping of effort. Remove distractions in order to get the most out of your Nugget buffet. Consider bringing on a training sous chef that you can teach in order to learn more deeply yourself.
- Stir occasionally with practice throughout your preparation. Practice the knowledge and skills you develop in order to apply them well at work or during your exam.
- Remove your training from the oven of preparation, carve up that exam, and serve your success!
We’ll revisit this recipe in the coming weeks so we can dive more deeply into the leftovers, which, we all know, are the best part of Thanksgiving!
Premium subscribers, need some guidance to maximize your training? Connect with a CBT Nuggets Coach! We’re here to support your training efforts and cheer you on during your certification journey.