Whether you are new to Open Source or wanting to hone your Linux skills, you’ll want to check out a new CBT Nuggets training course, “Linux Essentials.“
During this 20-video course, Shawn Powers covers command line basics, turning commands into scripts, creating and moving files, and more. This course is aimed at system administrators who want to start learning Linux technology.
Here’s the complete video listing for the course:
- Linux Evolution and Popular Operating Systems
- Major Open Source Applications
- Understanding Open Source Software and Licensing
- ICT Skills and Working in Linux
- Command Line Basics
- Using the Command Line to Get Help
- Using Directories and Listing Files
- Creating, Moving, and Deleting Files
- Archiving Files on the Command Line
- Searching and Extracting Data from Files
- Turning Commands into a Script
- Choosing an Operating System
- Understanding Computer Hardware
- Where Data is Stored
- Your Computer on the Network
- Basic Security and Identifying User Types
- Creating Users and Groups
- Managing File Permissions and Ownership
- Special Directories and Files
Ready to dive into the world of Linux? Start watching this course now!
Interested in other open-source training? Check out our entire Linux library here.