If you are a new Linux system administrator or interested in becoming one, you’ll want to watch this new CBT Nuggets training course, “CentOS System Administrator Prep.”
During ths 26-video course, Shawn Powers prepares new Linux system administrators to take the LPIC-1 exam. He covers access remote systems, configuring networks, SELinux, and more.
Here’s the complete video listing for the course:
- What Makes CentOS Unique?
- Manipulating Text I/O
- Access Remote Systems
- Archiving, and Compressing and Chmod’ing, Oh My!
- Manipulating Files, Directories, and Links
- How to Read the Manual, CentOS-style
- Reboots & Runlevels
- Renicing and Killing Rogue Processes
- Network Services and Their Log Files
- Partitions & Logical Volumes
- Filesystems & Mounting Them
- Auto-mounting Local, Network, and Encrypted Filesystems
- Chmod’ing, Chown’ing, and Chgrp’ing, Oh My!
- Special Permissions – SetUID, SetGID, and Sticky Bits
- Managing ACL’s
- Local Users & Groups
- Configuring the Network
- Kickstart Your Install
- Hosting Virtual Machines
- Package Movement
- Setting up Web and FTP Processes
- Cron & Time Services
- Configuring the System Firewall
- SELinux — What is it?
- SELinux — Configuration and Troubleshooting
Start watching this course today!